APPLICATION PROCEDURES All applications MUST include the following:
- A completed application form (fillable e-application form)
- An audition CD/DVD/MP3 (web-links to online files are acceptable and preferred), consisting of free repertoire, minimum of 2 contrasting pieces/movements and approximately 10-15 minutes in length to determine your placement and level of proficiency
- A letter of recommendation from your teacher if you do not study regularly with a member of BIMFA faculty. In case of recommendation letter by email, it MUST be sent directly from the email account of the person who recommends.
- A non-refundable application fee plus a refundable deposit of $300 USD (*Please see fees & payment schedule below)
All admission materials should be mailed together and postmarked by the deadlines (see below). With limited festival space availability, we encourage all interested candidates to apply as early as possible.
To expedite application, we accept submission of all required application materials via e-mail to: email@example.com (online audio/video links or small video files preferred). Direct payment information to festival bank account will be provided to you after the receipt of your complete application materials.
Notification of acceptance is made on a continuing basis, generally within 1-2 weeks after receipt of your complete application materials and required fees. The festival application procedure for participation is ongoing until all spaces are filled. Please make check/money order/certified bank draft in U.S. dollars payable to BIMFA.
SCHOLARSHIP/FINANCIAL AID Limited amount of tuition scholarship/financial assistance are available for highly-qualified applicants who intend to participate in the full session of BIMFA. A written request for scholarship and financial assistance, along with your completed application form, audition/video material, recommendation letter and a non-refundable application fee must all be received by May 25 (extended) before an evaluation can take place, regardless of whether or not you already study with a member of BIMFA faculty. Please refer and follow carefully the detailed SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES (Click to Open). BIMFA will not consider and process any incomplete scholarship application package.
SPECIAL NOTE: Limited scholarship/financial aid assistance may still available at this time. Please send email inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FEES, PAYMENT SCHEDULE & REFUND POLICY Non-refundable Application Fees
- NO application fee for all former BIMFA participants (non-scholarship applicants), auditors and accompanying parents
- $75 USD postmarked by May 25 (*extended)
- $100 USD postmarked by June 15
- $150 USD postmarked after June 16 *only if spaces are available
Fees for International Participants
- BIMFA-Qingdao Student Program : $1900 USD for participation in the city of Qingdao (arriving 8/13; departing 8/20). Program fees are inclusive of tuition, room and board, competitions, festival pass to all festival activities, concert-series admission, practice facilities, local transportation, and airport pick-up within the festival participation in Qingdao.
Fees for Auditor/Parent*
- BIMFA-Qingdao Auditor Program: $1000 USD for participation by auditor/parent (arriving 8/13; departing 8/20) without music instruction and practice facility. Auditor/parent fees are inclusive of room and board, festival pass to all festival activities, concert-series admission, local transportation, and airport pick-up within the festival participation in Qingdao.
*Auditor/Parent only need to fill out Application Form for Auditor & Accompanying Parent with the required deposit.
- All application MUST include a non-refundable application fee along with a refundable deposit of $300 USD* before any evaluation can take place.
- All remaining balance is due on June 15 and thereafter within 2 weeks upon receipt of the official acceptance notification.
*Please note the deposit of $300 USD, applicable toward the program fees, will be refunded if you are not accepted as a participant. If for any reason you are unable to attend, a written request for deposit refund must be received by June 1 or the deposit will be forfeited with no exception.
- Absolutely NO deposit refund after June 15
- The remaining paid program fee is refundable before July 1
- The remaining paid program fee is refundable at 50% of your payment before July 20
- Cancellation made after July 20 does NOT entitle to a refund of any kind
FLIGHT, VISA & TRAVEL INFORMATION
Direct and connecting flight services to Beijing from the U.S. include Air China, Continental, United, American, Delta, China Eastern Airline, Korean Airlines, Asiana Airlines, Japan Airline, Air Canada and others. Please consult with your local travel agency for more details.
You are fully responsible for your own airfare, passport costs, Chinese visa fees, medical and travel insurance and other personal expenses. If you have travel-related questions and need assistance, please contact us by email: email@example.com
To apply a Chinese Entry Visa (required for most foreign citizens visiting China), please contact and consult Chinese embassy and consulates in your own country. If you reside and wish to apply on your own in the United States, please refer to the following links:
We also have a travel agent who can help you to obtain a Chinese visa with nominal fees. Please inquiry by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download complete BIMFA Info-Packet
Copyright © 2003-2023 Beijing International Music Festival & Academy
All rights reserved